Tuesday, November 22, 2005

God's Special Forces

“Beware that you don’t look down on ay of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father." Matthew 18:10
I love this verse. My take is that this means that heaven's special forces (the celestial SAS, SWAT, Rangers-Delta Force-Green Baret-Seals, or Tanzanian FFU) are all assigned to kids. They apparently have special access to the throne. This is vividly and tangibly encouraging to me during times when I feel anxious about how increadibly vulnerable the orphans in Philippi are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally! I've been thinking about how paradoxical the kingdom of God is ... it turns everything on its head in terms of how we think about life and the world. In weakness, we actually gain access to the greatest supply of strength ever ... and, yes, children. There is so much that we, 'important adults' could stoop to learn from children!
Love you guys! I will have to email you soon! :) Happy (American) Thanksgiving!!